First Presbyterian Church
First Presbyterian Church, located in downtown Birmingham, hired ArchitectureWorks in 2000 to help prioritize the church’s goals for future improvements. Originally built in 1888, the church had multiple additions during the 20th century.
The scope of work completed in 2002 included key restorations of the interior and exterior of the original sanctuary building as well as interior improvements of the office and Sunday school wings.
Working within the church’s budget, an elevator and ramp were added for improved accessibility as well as refurbishing hardwood floors and adding new interior finishes and lighting. Landscaping along Fourth Avenue and within the courtyard completed the renovation work.